Author Topic: Unable To Edit The Map.  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Bird

• View Profile
Unable To Edit The Map.
« on: December 25, 2017, 05:32:44 PM »
Hello, and thanks for reading over my question. I did already see a similar question, but it was more of a complaint and no answers.

Is there a way to 'Edit' the map with this new format? Where you can manually move the location icon?

TIA

I'm sure there's a poll someplace, but I, for one, am not loving the new changes at all. >:(

Offline OrganizerBill

• View Profile
Re: Unable To Edit The Map.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 08:53:17 PM »
This glitch caused a couple of my members to be late for a hike today because they were looking for us at the red pin on Meetup's Google map.

Offline Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 09:51:36 PM »
That's actually my issue too- getting the icon to show where the actual trail-head is.

Offline Stephen

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): Auckland Hiking Group
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 03:38:33 PM »
Is there a way to 'Edit' the map with this new format? Where you can manually move the location icon?

Not that I know of.

Meetup location maps can be very misleading, especially for rural locations.

We usually have more than one meeting place and I include link to Google satellite map showing precise location for each meeting place in the Details.

Our usual primary meeting place for carpooling is in the city and Meetup map for this is close enough.

If Meetup map for your location isn't close enough, it may be better not set a Meetup location and just specify precise location in the Details.

Offline Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 05:56:24 PM »
Thanks.

I was hoping there was the option to manually move the icon, like before. Hopefully that will be added down the road. I even hyperlinked a street view of the trail-head to help identify the correct location, and with the new design of MeetUp, the hyperlinks no longer work. Not love'n this new layout at all  >:(

Not a huge deal, but it's just another option lost for now.

Offline Stephen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 07:00:59 PM »
I even hyperlinked a street view of the trail-head to help identify the correct location, and with the new design of MeetUp, the hyperlinks no longer work.

The new version separates the text and the URL of hyperlinks in the event page, but the URLs still work okay for me.

New version of schedule/edit page doesn't allow insertion of hyperlinks, but can include URLs in the text of Details and these work okay for me.

Hyperlinks can still be created by accessing "old page" (or "switch to the old experience") and these can still be experienced via the Print RSVPs page (just add "printrsvp/" to URL of event page)

Offline mrgilbe1

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): WellingtonTrampingGroup, Wellington-Snow-Lovers-Group
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 03:02:16 PM »
OK so the ability to move the map pin will NOT be reintroduced.

Teresa Ann: Oh dear this is getting boring. Can't believe that you've got the audacity to keep putting up ad's on a better platform then the one that was good but now ruined. I've come to the conclusion that you won't be fixing any of the problem that so many of us have been asking for. The inability of not being able to move the map pin being the most disabling  😢

Meetup: Hi Teresa, the ability to move the pin around will not be modified. As a work-around, we recommend taking a screenshot of the map to your location and posting it as an image to the Meetup event you're scheduling.

https://www.facebook.com/meetup/videos/10156158321909588/?comment_id=10156159272569588&reply_comment_id=10156160985689588&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

Offline AmyK

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): Richmond Beer Lovers
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 03:32:20 PM »
Meetup: Hi Teresa, the ability to move the pin around will not be modified. As a work-around, we recommend taking a screenshot of the map to your location and posting it as an image to the Meetup event you're scheduling.

Wow.  That says it all.  This gives me zero hope of Meetup reverting back to its former self. 

Offline Toivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 04:26:22 PM »
Meetup is now just another software package for Wework.  Since Wework is exclusively urban, detailed maps, with things like GPS coordinates aren't needed.  All that any Wework user needs is a street address, 'corner of...'

Want to walk in the woods, head to Central Park.

Offline mrgilbe1

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): WellingtonTrampingGroup, Wellington-Snow-Lovers-Group
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 05:23:09 PM »
At least we're getting refreshing honesty from Meetup on their facebook comments. Next comment - "We're not expecting to include the ability to add show-ups who didn't originally RSVP to the Meetup." Baffling because it seems technically simple and also boosts attendance metrics.

Offline Stephen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 08:44:02 PM »
Next comment - "We're not expecting to include the ability to add show-ups who didn't originally RSVP to the Meetup." Baffling because it seems technically simple and also boosts attendance metrics.

It is already possible "check in" members who didn't RSVP via search on "Take attendance" page.

However, Meetup support recently said "taking attendance for past Meetups is currently unavailable", even though "Take attendance" option is clearly available under "Organizer tools" and this works to some extent (this affects attendance history and stats for members but attendees page ignores this) ...