Author Topic: Attendance Feature missing from redesign?  (Read 705 times)

Offline LMNOP

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): LMNOP
Attendance Feature missing from redesign?
« on: December 04, 2017, 10:03:39 AM »
Does anyone else use the attendance feature and is it now gone in the redesign?  We are a playgroup of 75 people and use attendance to ensure our group stays active and members who are not participating don't take up a space from someone who wants to join.  But we've found that now with the redesign there's no way to mark attendance at an event and track no-shows?  Anyone else have this problem and a solution?  Thanks!

Online Stephen

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): Auckland Hiking Group
Re: Attendance Feature missing from redesign?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 03:34:36 PM »
In new version, click "Manage" on event page to access attendees page, then click 3 dots on top right corner for options and select "Take attendance". Can choose between "Checked in" (Went) and "RSVP" (Didn't go).

This seems to work to some extent but there are still data inconsistencies between Take attendance and Attendees pages in new version, and between old and new versions (some edits in old version are ignored by new version).

Offline Dave45

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): 45nsingle
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 04:50:29 AM »
The dots were there for me last weekend but no longer. 

Offline Dottie

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): Four meetups for small dogs--walking, hiking, social and minpins. Two groups left Meetup on Dec 1st, two will leave Dec 31
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:46:43 AM »
The dots are showing for me but it is still impossible to get it to work right.

Offline Charlotte

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:51:05 AM »
I have always edited the NUMBER of attendees for our events and I'm very confused and disappointed that this was taken away as a tool for organizers. (I'm actually appalled that they would make that decision in the first place. There's no logical reason for it.)

Wouldn't everyone want to put an accurate count for your organization's/group's activities? It only makes sense to keep track.

So I have posed the question and made the demand that it be re-added to the tool functions. I'm starting to look at other options to Meetup since it is possible that they are starting to "devolve" with respect to their concern for customer satisfaction.

I would recommend that all organizers make this request, along with your list of any other removed functions that they took away that you regularly used.

Offline Judy L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:03:11 PM »
I had a concert meetup last night where one person showed up and two were no-shows. I ended up removing one of the no-shows from the group as he had multiple no-shows on his account. He had also signed up for the event with a guest.  Since I couldn't mark the other member as a no-show, I did change her status to "didn't go". However, whenever I look at the past events it still says 5 people attended the event and shows the member I had changed to "didn't go". When I open the event, she still shows as attending. At least the person I removed doesn't mysteriously show.

I know a similar bug was happening in the old layout, but I'm finding it more annoying in the new layout, probably because it's more frustrating not being able to mark people as no-shows.

Offline rebeccam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 04:07:41 PM »
I didn't check in a member but on the attendance history of her profile it says excused absence. It also shows her as attending on the event page. I've gone back to keeping tack of my no shows on paper. I haven't had a no show recently with my group but I want to mark the attendance correctly.

Offline Wendy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Today at 05:03:15 PM »
I know a similar bug was happening in the old layout, but I'm finding it more annoying in the new layout, probably because it's more frustrating not being able to mark people as no-shows.

Agreed; attendance isn't working quite right in New Meetup, and it often didn't work correctly in Old Meetup.

Apparently an attendance tracker must be difficult to code or something.

Offline Anne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Today at 05:11:23 PM »
Attendance tracking worked just fine for years, up until they did that stupid release (the one before this one) where they added the option to mark everyone present, or take attendance for EACH PERSON.

That last release was a disaster too.  Had they hired their shiny new IT people by that point? If so, they should have been forewarned that they'd hired people that were in over their head.  If they fired the people who did that last one, only to hire the nincompoops who did this one, their business really does deserve to fall off a cliff.

Online Stephen

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): Auckland Hiking Group
« Reply #9 on: Today at 06:31:16 PM »
The dots were there for me last weekend but no longer.

The three dots have been replaced by "Organizer tools" button. This button is provided in more places, including event page.