Author Topic: New Site to Promote Your Group  (Read 483 times)

Offline Bandicoot

• Innovative Solutions
    • View Profile
New Site to Promote Your Group
« on: January 31, 2018, 08:49:21 AM »
I have made a new website where you can promote your group, whether it be on Meetup or anywhere else.

It is a forum, where you can post information about your events, then people can go to your group to join and RSVP.

The forum has two places you can make posts - by "Month" and by "Location". The monthly boards are cleared at the end of each month. The location boards are not cleared and there is an annual fee of AUD 8.00 to be able to post there.

The forum will work quite effectively without having to become a paid member, doing so gives you more forum capabilities though.

It is not an event manager, but more of a global index, a central hub where people looking for events and people promoting events can find each other. The whole point is to get people to join your group.

You can find it at https://localeventsforum.com The forum is fully responsive and will work on any device, including phones in portrait view.

Another one of my crazy ideas. I just can't help myself  ;D

Offline Toivo

• View Profile
Re: New Site to Promote Your Group
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 02:26:09 PM »
Appears as though the original founder of Upcoming is considering taking on Meetup. 

https://www.Upcoming.org
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 02:27:52 PM by Toivo »

Offline AmyK

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): Richmond Beer Lovers
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 10:42:56 AM »
Bandicoot, if you want I can move this to the "discuss other options" folder, where it will probably get more traffic  .. I appreciate you putting it here but just wanted to offer.  Let me know!

Offline Bandicoot

• Innovative Solutions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 10:57:51 AM »
But then it wouldn't be visible to guests  :-[