Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 59152 times)

Offline mntineer

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): Raleigh Tabletop RPGs
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2017, 08:21:39 AM »
Hey everyone!

My name is Eric and I'm one of the organizers of Raleigh Tabletop RPGs in North Carolina. We're a fairly large group in the area with 1400+ members. I'm interested in any discussion around Meetup as it pertains to the latest changes. I was around when the last blow-up happened in 2011, and since then, a happy Meetup.com organizer. We're on the cusp on making some big changes with our group, but I want to be more informed about what Meetup's next moves, and to see what other organizers are doing. Glad to meet everyone and to share in some good discussion.

Offline FranW

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): golfgoLFGOLF
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2018, 01:20:26 PM »
Hi, my name is Fran and I`ve been involved with Meetup groups, specifically golfing, for about 9 years. Currently I am the organizer for a Seattle-area golf Meetup group called golfgoLFGOLF. I have joined this discussion group out of frustration with the recent changes to the Meetup website and disturbing shift in the concept and ideology of what Meetup is supposed to be about. 

Offline Corey (Meeting Star)

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): Inactive organizer in tech/business arena
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2018, 08:21:10 AM »
Hello, everyone.  It looks like I've found my people!  I have organized and co-organized a number of groups here in Colorado, mostly in the tech/software space.  I've grown increasingly frustrated with the features and pricing of Meetup.comô in the last couple of years, and recently built my own platform called Meeting Star.  (I'll post a longer note about it in the alternatives forum.)  I look forward to learning from other group leaders, improving my skills, and helping my own groups run smoothly!
~ Corey Snipes
~ Creator of http://getmeetingstar.com

Offline Art D

• View Profile
  • Meetup Group(s): Seattle Diabetic Foodie Meetup
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2018, 06:18:27 PM »
I'm Art. I just started the Meetup group "Seattle Diabetic Foodie Meetup" dealing with diabetic eating subjects. I've been an organizer since January of this year so I'm pretty new at this. I'm willing to learn from others with more experience so that's why I came on board this forum.